Solar Panel Installation: Key Steps in The Process
Palomar Solar knows the solar panel installation process well, we have installed solar systems all over Southern California. Chances are we have a system installed within miles of your home.
Solar Panel Installation
- An engineer will visit the installation site
- Permits and documents
- Solar equipment order
- Solar panel installation day
- Approval and flipping on the switch
1) After you sign your solar contract, an engineer will come by your property to evaluate the electrical status of your home. The engineer will evaluate the condition of your roof to ensure that it’s structurally sound. He or she will also look at your electrical panel to see if you’ll need to upgrade it.
2) Your solar installer will obtain city or county permits needed to facilitate the solar panel installation.
3)The solar installer will place an equipment order through the primary distributor. At this point, you will have already decided on the equipment your system will include.
4) This is the day your actual solar panel installation will begin. Your solar installer will start by prepping your roof. Then, they will put in electrical wiring that will connect to your electrical panel and general power system.
After the electrical wiring is complete, they will install racking to support your panels.
Finally, your inverter are connected to the panels to convert direct current (DC) energy into the alternating current (AC) energy used in homes and on the electric grid.
5) Before you can connect your solar panels to the grid, a representative from your town government will need to inspect the system and give approval. The representative will essentially be double-checking your installer’s work. Finally a representative from your electric company will come by to do their own final evaluation of the solar panel system. As long as there are no issues, your panels will go live the moment they “give the okay” and connect your system to the grid.
You should see a return on your investment within a few years of installation.
Schedule a free home consultation today to see what we can do for you.