Roof Mounted Solar Panel Systems
Whether you have a composition, concrete tile, clay tile, metal seamed or flat torch down roof, Palomar Solar has the experience and expertise to get roof mounted solar panel system done right. There are different techniques needed for each situation, and we are happy to explain how we will ensure that the “integrity “of your roof will remain intact after we are done. Rest assured, we will not be learning on your roof.
We want you to know Palomar Solar wants your new solar panels to compliment your home, even adding aesthetic value.
Palomar Solar has made a name for itself by only offering and installing high quality products.
- LG Solar Panels: Our most popular solar panel is the LG 300 watt black on black solar panel. It is currently the highest wattage black on black panel in the market. If given the choice most homeowners prefer black on black.
- Hyundai: If roof space is not an issue then we can significantly reduce your cost with Hyundai’s 270 watt solar panel which is also black on black.
- Enphase: Palomar solar was one of the first companies in the country to recently receive the premier installer badge from Enphase based on the number of installs we have completed over the last six years. Every system we install comes with per solar panel monitoring. This is very unique to the industry as most companies do not want to be held accountable for the 25 year warranties they sold.
- Solar Edge: This is a great solution if your commercial building has 480 power as opposed to 208. This hybrid central inverter with DC power optimizers still gives you the ability to monitor each solar panel.
- Racking: We currently use Everest racking systems as we find it to be much more heavy duty than the others.
There are many factors that determine how long your install will take:
- Do you need a new main electrical panel installed? Typically this will add two to three months to the project as we have to coordinate with the utility company to do the work.
- Do you need any roof work?
- What city or county do you live in? Some permits are over the counter while others take weeks.
- Do you need HOA approval? While this does not slow the process down nearly as much as it used to there are still some HOA’s that can delay your project by 30 days or more.
If you live in a city or the county which has over the counter permits and it’s a straight forward install we can complete the work within 1 – 3 weeks. If there are other contingencies as previously mentioned it could take two to three months.
Once we have the permit the actual time on site is usually 2 – 3 days.